Friday, March 8, 2013

THINKING OF YOU TODAY MUM

Hi there Mum

Today is International Women's Day and as I and many listeners to 6PR were thinking of women who to them were inspirational I of course thought of you.

 I decided to put your name into Google (sorry but you wouldn't know what that is..it's all to do with computers and finding information very easily) and up came this website with a brief story of your life.  As I've spoken about you on my every day blog I decided I'd include the website so that others could read about you and I hope they do.

You certainly were a woman and a half in so many ways.  Always a refined lady and always helpful to others and a great mother to me (and to your stepson Len who adored you).

What better day than today to be thinking of you and thank you for everything.

Love to you
    xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Moms are the best...famous or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Delores they certainly are. I loved both of mine....the one that I knew all my life and my birth mum that I only knew briefly through chatting on the phone. One cared for me so well and the other gave me life. What more could I ask for?

      Delete
  2. I loved the link. Thank you so much. And am still in awe. What an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you checked it out EC. There is a lot more to her story of course most of which she covered in her book.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I am missing the link? xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae the link is on my other blog ... geriatric grandmother. You should find it there OK.

    ReplyDelete